NYX Dream Catcher Palette Review

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

If you were to ask me what my weakness was when it comes to makeup, I would tell you two things. Lipsticks and eye shadow palettes. Seriously, I am slightly obsessed with both and my stashes are ever-growing. So when I see a reasonably priced and delicately pretty looking eye shadow palette, it has to be mine. 


NYX is a brand I've been falling in love with more and more; therefore, when this palette popped up whilst perusing some beauty offerings online, I knew I wanted it. Usually, I'm not a fan of buying new makeup off the internet, I like to see the product and "try before I buy" but as I didn't know where the nearest shop to buy NYX cosmetics was, it had to be done - needs must and all that! 

After a hella-lot of research and reading other blogger reviews, it sounded like the palette would be a brilliant buy, so in to the online shopping basket it went and a few days later it arrived through the letterbox. 

I'll admit, when I first opened up the parcel, I was disappointed by the packaging; it looked cheap and plasticy (if that's even a word?). The shades also had no names - a pet peeve of mine! On a more positive note though, the slide out tray that reveals a mirror and applicator is rather cute and handy for touching up on-the-go!

The colours are b-e-a-uuutiful! There are ten gorgeous nude-based shades; including two mattes and eight shimmers and I, for one, always love a bit of sparkle! I particularly like pairing the middle shade on the bottom row (across the lid) and the last shade on the top row (in the crease), it makes for a lovely look.

The quality of the shadows is great and they feel super soft to the touch. I was impressed with the longevity too and only started to notice it disappearing towards the end of the day.  The pigmentation is really good with the colours transferring strong, as well as, blending nicely, making application a little easier.

Another great addition to my palette collection and one that is currently being used every day!

Have you tried this one or have any other palette favourites?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks fabulous, I need to invest! x

    http://rosiebernice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Rosie, let me know how you get on with it if you do! :)
      A x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!