Nails of the Week #10

Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's official. Autumn has arrived and I'm ready and raring for the season, with my nails to reflect. This week, Sally Hansen 'Raisin The Bar' is making an appearance and it looks really chic.

Before I mention anything else I have to say: how cute is that name?! Nail varnish names are always so creative and this has got to be one of my faves! 

As you can see from the photo, this is a very dusky pink that is a perfect transitional colour by not being too dark or too bright. The shine on it is beautiful and you could even say it has a slightly metallic effect to it. The colour really is lovely and sophisticated.


However, as I find with all Sally Hansen varnishes, it has such a thin formula. Usually, it's not a problem but with this one, it's just too streaky! Luckily, you can only see it upon close inspection and it won't stop me wearing it at all because the colour is gorgeous, but it's such a shame as it really lets it down. It also took three coats to layer up the colour and could probably do with another one on top. Other than that though, it isn't a half bad and is all you'd want from a good nail lacquer.

What's on your nails this week?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!