Change4Life Couch To 5K: Week 2

Sunday, September 21, 2014



I have made it through another week of the Change4Life Couch to 5K program - hurrah! I'm not going to lie, this second week felt difficult but I'll get to that in a moment.

The second week of the app, again, consists of three mini-programs but they have stepped up the ante since the first week.  Each session began with a brisk 5 min walk to warm up, followed by alternating between 90 seconds of running and 2 min of walking for 20 min and was then finished off by another brisk 5 min walk to cool down.




Doesn't sound like much of a change from the previous week, right? That's what I thought but I was wrong. Maybe it's because I am still very much a beginner and am still massively unfit but the little changes were hard. Having said that though, I was incredibly happy to see that I could run that little bit longer without feeling as puffed out. I saw a difference! I can feel myself improving and that outweighs any negativity about the difficulty increase.



I have also found the perfect running spot by the canal which is helping considerably. I find that a nice surrounding motivates me more and as it's a peaceful place, it makes me feel happier on the inside - even if I'm becoming a sweaty, out-of-breath, mess on the outside! 

Unfortunately, due to my tonsillitis, I have had to have a break for the week. But, as Anna said in her recent video, a break can be a good thing and I shouldn't worry. I'll be back out there on Monday, starting my new week and pushing even harder than before.





Do you run or do any fitness? Have you given the Change4Life app a go?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great job Amy. I have never used that app but sounds interesting.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina! It is a great little app :)
      Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!