Autumnal Additions

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Have you ever sorted through your beauty stash, realised it was geared towards one or two seasons in particular and simply thought "oops!"? Well this happened to me a couple of weekends ago, when it occurred to me that all my makeup was perfect for Spring and Summer, with nothing for the colder months approaching. I decided that this had to change - as I'm sure a lot of you like-minded gals out there would have also done! - and thus evenings of trawling the internet for products, reviews, swatches and all that jazz ensued.

The first item bought was Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 'Hot Pepper'. If you read my review about these, you'll know that I was already thinking of picking this up so, of course, it had to happen. It's a bright orangey red that adds such a stunning pop of colour to a look and again, it's incredibly long-lasting. The one downside to this shade, compared to 'Ole Flamingo!', is that the consistency is a lot thinner and takes a lot of layering to build up the bold-look. Not that it affects my overall opinion that these are still currently the best lip products out there though!

My next purchase was one that I'd been wanting to make for quite some time. I already own two of the Rimmel Apocalips ('Shooting Star' and 'Nova') and had been eying up 'Celestial', so after a couple of clicks, it was finally mine. It's a beautiful dusky pink that adds a touch of warmth to my lips and is the perfect colour for Autumn. This range is great with the pigmentation being ah-may-zing and the formula being thick and lasting. Application is also mega easy with the applicator wand having a dipped middle that allows it to pick up the right amount of product and to glide effortlessly on the lips. Another fab addition I think!

L: Rimmel Apocolips 'Celestial'
R: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 'Hot Pepper'

The last few items were all nail varnishes which I'm sure will being cropping up in my 'Nails of the Week' posts soon, therefore I won't go in to too much detail here. I wanted to get a couple of warmer nail colours and settled on OPI's 'Got The Blues For Red' (which is currently drying on my nails as I type, keep a look out for the review on Wednesday!), Barry M's 'Berry Cosmo', Nails Inc. 'The Boltons' and Bourjois' 1 Seconde Nail Polish 'Hypnotique'. All very pretty colours that I can't wait to try out!

Do you have any Autumn must haves? 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The Barry M Nail polish looks beautiful and would be a great transitional colour from summer into autumn

    loveonceuponadream.blogspot.ie

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I don't think I own many purples, if any, so can't wait to put it on and try something new :)
      Thanks for your comment hun xx

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to buy the rouge edition, velvet and this is the first review I've found!!

    redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope I could help in any way, I also have a full review on 'Ole Flamingo!' so check that out. They really brill :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!