Instagrammin’

Saturday, January 09, 2016

My name is Amy and I am an Instagram addict.

If you hadn’t guessed from previous ‘The Life of an Instagram Addict’ posts or from following me on the infamous app, it’s safe to say that I love me some Instagram. Taking a picture, applying a filter and posting is so simple and genius that even the non-photographers among us have a great chance of getting hundreds of 's. For today’s post, I thought I’d run through my process when uploaded to ‘Insti’, as my boyfriend likes to call it.

Firstly, I actually take a photo using an iPhone 6; which has a surprisingly awesome camera, especially as you can now tap the screen and choose a focal point. Once whittling down to the chosen photo – yes, I take about 50 before finding the right one #photographerissues – the filtering process begins. 

I used to be all over the filters that Instagram provides but after being introduced to the VSCO Cam app, that’s my main port of call. That’s not to say there’s anything wrong with Insti’s filters, VSCO Cam one’s just have more professional look to them. My usual ‘go to’ filters are F2 and T1; F2 makes the photo more vibrant, whereas T1 has a softer, almost cloudy, feel to it. 
Once the filter has been applied, I will sometimes edit the photo further by increasing the exposure, saturation and/or sharpness, before saving it to my phone’s camera roll. From here, I may crop the image but prefer to try and get the positioning right when taking the picture.

After the photo has been zhuzhed up a bit, it gets published with a caption and hashtags for the world to see. I have to admit, I do love it when the ‘likes’ start popping up.

If you’d like to see what I get up to on Instagram, you can follow me at @amytinson1

Are you on Instagram? What’s your ‘Insti’ process?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!