Birchbox November Box Review

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Seriously, Birchbox is brilliant. End of. 

I've been receiving these since earlier in the year and every month they offer up an incredible box, which is usually full to the brim with awesome products. There is only the occasional disappointment but that tends to happen because of personal taste in colour. Surprise, surprise; November's box was no different.

This month's theme was 'Cosy at Home' which was perfect for the cold November, although I wasn't entirely sure that the items received reflected it as much as previous boxes had. Nonetheless, it was a nice theme, with even better products inside the box.

The first item was Dr. Jart+ Pore Refine Tight Effect Toner. Now I do like a good toner and the feel of a fresh face that they leave - in fact, I use a toner as past of my night-time routine which *spoilers* you'll be seeing in December! - which means this was a welcome addition. I don't have a lot of need for it in my current routine yet, so I've only given it a couple of try-outs so far. From what I can tell, it's an ace toner and made my face feel refreshed and firmed, as well as, getting rid of any excess makeup or dirt that a cleanser hasn't. I'm certainly looking forward to bringing it in to my routine when the current toner runs out.

Carrying on the skincare theme, Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil was next out of the box. I have naturally oily skin so wasn't entirely sure it would be beneficial to use. I looked at some reviews and it was said to be good for all skin types, therefore, I decided to give it a go. The first thing I noted was the wonderful citrusy aroma it has; one up to Weleda! I also read that it was good for the pesky cellulite that appears atop a thigh and that's where I applied the oil. It absorbed in to my skin nicely, making it feel soft and not at all oily which was another plus point. It's safe to say that Weleda won me over as I've almost used it all!

The next item was Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle Spray. I have received this before and got on quite well with it so another good item to have received. I find that it's best for taming the stray aways during these harsh and cold weather days but it does add some shine to my locks too. I wouldn't choose to buy this personally as I don't think I'd get enough use out of it but the sample is a good size to last a while.

I also received a sample of English Laundry Signature for Her Eau De Toilette. This perfume smells lovely with it's sweet and floral scent and it'd be ideal for the spring. Another warm and welcome addition to the box.

The last of the beauty-related items was a sample of Lord & Berry Bronzer in the shade 'Sunny'. I love this brozner, full stop. No seriously, it's lovely! The shade is just right for me and would be perfect in the summer so I plan to keep it until then. The formula is a soft powder that is easy to apply and blend. The only issue I had with this one was that it was a sample size as I liked it that much!

The 'lifestyle extra' this month was a mini bar of Montezuma's Organic 54% Cocoa Milk Chocolate. I mean, who doesn't love chocolate whilst watching chick flicks in your PJs and fluffy slippers on a chilly winter's evening?! This was the perfect end to a cosy box. It tastes divine too!

This box really was another brilliant one and I especially liked the variety of products, so many exciting new products to use and you'll maybe even see a couple of them in a 'favourites' post in the future.

To find out more or to subscribe, click here.

What did you think to Birchbox's November box? Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!