Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Lipstick '01 Nude Beige'

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Have you ever seen a product that looks so damn gorgeous that you want to cherish it forever? I think I have found this with Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Lipstick in '01 Nude Beige'. I mean, just look at that rose gold packaging with the pretty middle section showing the brand name and dat colour. So. Beautiful.

Even though it's been a year since purchasing this stunning lipstick in Boots, I can't help but gush over it. It's by far the most luxurious-looking product I own and at £26, I should expect so too! 

I'd wanted an YSL lipstick for about a year before buying but was always put off by the price, thinking "it cannot be worth that much!" and never saw the need to treat myself enough. But when I received a £20 voucher for Christmas 2014, I knew exactly what to do with it.
I'd had my eye on '01 Nude Beige' since the beginning and after the final swatch in store, it was purchased before you could say "luxury". This colour is a stunning pinky nude that is absolutely perfect for spring, but can be considered an all-year-round-kinda colour; it's not too nude and it's not too pink, plus with some peachy undertones, it's a simply beautiful colour.

This product is also super creamy and an absolute dream to apply. The only thing I would say is that because of the moisturising formula, it sits much better on lips that have been balmed and buffed prior to application, otherwise it can sink in to the dry patches and looks a bit manky. But on smooth and conditioned lips, it's a whole other story. It spreads evenly and is easy to apply, it also lasts for a good few hours before fading and I swear that I can still see some of the colour at the end of the day - but maybe I'm just thinking it that to justify the price, who knows! 

It is an expensive purchase but to anyone that doesn't know whether to make it or not, I'd say 100% do it. This lipstick is a touch of luxury for your lips and a worth-while treat!

Have you tried Yves Saint Laurent lipsticks and if so, what did you think? What other shades are worth trying out?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!