NYX Natural Eye Shadow Palette

Friday, February 06, 2015

I know what you're thinking, "another eye shadow palette Amy?!" but when I see one from a favourite brand of mine at an reasonably affordable price - and you all know I'm on a mission to save some pennies this year (and if you didn't, you can read that here) - I simply cannot help myself.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NYX is a brand that I fall more and more in love with after every new purchase and after enjoying the Dream Catcher Palette so much, when I saw The Natural Shadow Palette, I knew I wanted to add it to my collection. At the time, I decided that I didn't need another palette so on the shelf it stayed until a few month's later when I finally caved and made the purchase. 

First off, the packaging; it's nice and simple, as well as, being sturdy and compact. It does come with a standard foam-ended applicator, but I found that the shadows applied better using a brush. I also like that it is basic but classy; it seems to go well with the 'natural' theme and also looks a lot more expensive than it is.

This set of eye shadows are all on the nude spectrum, with creams, browns and even a shimmery gold. The colours are lovely and create very pretty and warm looks. There are three mattes, one shimmer and two satin finishes and I like that there is a range of finishes as it helps when experimenting with different looks. 

The pigmentation is decent, especially coming from a budget product; though as it is so aptly named the 'natural palette', the shades are soft when applied so in order to get a bolder look, lots of layering and blending needs to occur. But for an everyday "no-makeup makeup look", these do the job perfectly. The longevity is just as good with the shadows remaining on my lids for the working day (especially when paired with the MUA Pro-base Eye Primer).

Swatches of the NYX Natural Eye Shadow Palette

This is another fabulous palette from a fabulous brand and has, yet again, pushed it's way to the top of my eye shadow palette and is now being used daily. 

Have you tried The Natural Shadow Palette from NYX

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. There are so many great budget palettes at the moment - the Collection range look great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are! I've not seen that range yet, but I'll have to check it out! :) x

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely! Great review xx

    I wrote a review on the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, if you'd like to check it out: http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/2015/02/urban-decay-naked-2-review.html

    Love, Charline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these neutral shades. perfect for everyday makeup. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true Nina, this one especially as the shades are so pretty and simple! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!