January Favourites

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I apologise for these ‘Favourites’ being late and the lack of a ‘Nails of the Week’ post but after a few technical difficulties last week and a hectic weekend, it simply wasn’t going to happen. However, today see’s my ‘January Favourites’ coming to light and I’ll be doing a special Valentine’s Day Nails post over the the next couple of days, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

So, on to the items I was loving throughout January…

First off, I’ll start with the makeup and YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Shade ‘1’ in particular. I’m not going to go in to too much detail here as as full review is coming soon, but all I'll say is "oh my wow"!

The next product came from my MUA haul earlier in the month and has been come a daily staple. I’m talking about MUA’s Matte Perfect Loose Translucent Powder, being applied with the big fluffy brush, F4. This powder is pretty awesome! It applies easily and practically disappears in to the skin, so it does not look cakey. It also keeps the daily shine at bay for most of the working day and the best part? It only costs £2.30! Brilliant stuff! 

On to skincare now and as much as I like to take care of my skin, I always let myself down in the moisturiser department. I have lots of bottle of lotions from Christmas/birthdays/beauty boxes sat in my cupboard, all waiting to be slathered on but I always forget this step. All through January however, I have been very good as I have been moisturising my arms and legs daily - pat on the back for moi! The lotion being picked up most has been Wild Cow from Cowshed. It’s glorious. Moisturising without being too heavy or leaving any sticky residue, effects that last all day and a scent that's utterly fresh and yummy. I’m almost at the end of the sample bottle I received in My Little Box’s December box, so let’s see what moisturiser is up next.

Yet another sample that made it in to the favourites selection came from Birchbox this time and that's HealGel Intensive. This healing gel has done wonders for my poor acne ridden skin, clearing up those pesky spots quickly and making my skin feel much healthier. I'm strongly considering purchasing a full size bottle, it was that good.

Finally for skincare, I have been loving the Purity Facial Exfoliator. I got this as part of a Christmas present and use it two-three times a week, depending on how my skin is feeling. It's a nice, gentle exfoliator that removes dead skin without being too harsh, perfect for dry winter skin. It is pretty much fragrance free and only a small amount is needed to give my face a good ol' clean. Lovely stuff!

I’m not really sure which category the next item falls under but I adore it nonetheless. I have spoken about Jo Malone ‘Wood Sage & Sea Salt' before (see here), therefore, I won’t be going in to too much detail again. But it is a totally beautiful and fresh scent that lasts all day. It may be pricey but I can’t deny my ever-growing love for Jo Malone.


The final favourite is focusing on a lifestyle aspect and if you are an avid reader of Amy's Corner, you may already guess where this is heading. After starting a Goodreads personal challenge of '30 books in 2015' and then starting up 'The Reading Corner', reading was bound to appear here. I've been thoroughly enjoying reading and in particular, 'Gone Girl' and 'Not That Kind of Girl' (reviews coming soon!). I'm debating whether to set an upload day for the books reviews, maybe Saturday? What do you guys think? 

Well, there it is. My first set of favourite items for 2015 and as I have high hopes for this year, I'm already looking forward to seeing what February brings!

What were your January favourites?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. That YSL lippie is probably my favourite if all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning isn't it! I just don't know which colour to go for next, any suggestions? :) x

      Delete
  2. I've just started to read Not That Kind of Girl and I'm not really feeling it at the moment. However I LOVED Gone Girl xx

    Who is She

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why you might not, it's a hard one to get in to and it's nothing like what I expected it to be. Let me know if you stick with it :) Great wasn't it!! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian! I'm definitely enjoying it so far :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!