June Favourites

Friday, July 04, 2014


As June is now completely over (can you believe it's July already?!), here are some of the things I enjoyed most during it. You might want to get a cuppa - there are quite a few...

First off, I fell head over heels for Essie's 'Peach Daiquiri'. It is gorgeous. It’s a bright, almost neon, pink that is can only be described as stunning and goes especially well with a tan. I don't think I've ever had as many compliments on my nails as I did when wearing this one. A must have for Essie lovers this summer for sure.

Sticking with pink, I was also loving my L'oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in shade 101 'Rose Melody'. I actually bought this a few months ago but wasn't keen on it; the formula seemed overly thick and sticky. Not wanting to let it go to waste, I tried again and adored it. I must have been putting too much on before because this time it felt lovely on the lips and not at all sticky or gloopy. The soft pink colour is also really pretty and well suited for the ever-warming months.


Now on to Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-cream Eyeshadow in 'On and On Bronze'. After seeing it time and time again but never quite making the purchase, I eventually picked it up on offer in Tesco and I am so glad I finally did. It's a dusky bronze colour that glides effortlessly on to the lids with fantastic pigmentation and it lasts all day - what more could you want?!

Last of the beauty related items now: B. Pure Micellar Water. I got this on offer in Superdrug when looking for a new cleanser to test out and it's certainly one I will buy again. It leaves the face feeling fresh and clean (it's amazing how much makeup comes off when cleansing that face wipes don't even touch!). It's a goodie!

Finally, I bought, finished and loved 'Fractured' by Dani Atkins. I'm going to do a more in-depth review soon as I enjoyed it that much but a little spoiler for you: it was heartbreaking, lovely and intriguing with a very unexpected ending. Well worth a read but keep your eyes peeled for the full review!

What were your June favourites? Let me know in the comments below.


Update: I started watching 'Orange Is the New Black' during the writing of this post and just had to give it a mention. It has taken over my free time completely, I'm already half way through season two when I only started it a couple of weeks ago! It's bloody brilliant. Watch it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!