'Birchbox' July Box Review

Friday, July 11, 2014

Just when you think 'Birchbox' can't deliver another amazing offering - boom! - the next box arrives and knocks your previous one out of the water. I'm not exaggerating either, I have been having these beauty boxes for a few months now and they keep getting better and better!


I don't usually take much notice when it comes to beauty box themes but with 'Birchbox' it can't be helped; each box simply screams out it's relating topic! July's is "Sun, Sea and Sand" and seeing as it's sunny whilst writing this post, it certainly feels fitting.


The packaging is the same as ever: a little draw-string bag inside a box with three information cards and one with an August Box spoiler. It's simple, it does the job and both box and bag can double up as extra storage once you've opened them to find your goodies - they really are so handy!


I had no sea or sand when taking this post's photo, so sun and grass had to suffice! :)


Yet again, the products received this month were fab. Decent sized samples, good quality brands and taylored to my wants and needs with a few new things to try thrown in as well. There was only one out of the six products that was a little disappointing, but I'll get to that in a minute.

Sticking to the same layout as my "Love Me Beauty June Box Review", I'll start with the cosmetics and the first thing I pulled out was a Models Own Nail Polish in 'Magenta Divine'. I adore Models Own so this was brilliant to see. The colour, a pink/purple glitter, is not something I would of bought myself but I'm surprised at how much I like the look of it! You might want to keep an eye open for a "Nails of the Week" post coming soon... 


Next was the POREfessional PRO Balm Primer from Benefit. Again, I absolutely love Benefit so another thing I was very happy with. I'd heard good things about this primer and let me tell you, all the rumours are true. It feels silky-soft when applied and it lasts all day. I have very oily skin but after using this stuff, the shine that usually starts to appear after a few hours was kept at bay! To put it simply: it is ah-may-zing!

The final makeup related item was Laqa & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in 'Menatour'. This was the only product in the box that didn't get me excited. For a start, the bright purple colour received was really disappointing. I tend to play it pretty safe when it comes to lip colour and this is not one I'd feel comfortable wearing. Don't get me wrong, it is a pretty colour, it's just not me. It also came broken inside which didn't help matters. After giving it a go though (couldn't write it off completely without trying now, could I?!), it's obvious that it's incredibly moisturising, making my lips feel soft and in fairness to it, it does leave a bright glossy colour once applied. It's a nice lip balm but to be brutally honest, I probably won't use that much, if at all. 

On to skincare now and the first thing I picked out was the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream which I have been dying to try out, so this was truly welcomed. And guys...it's brilliant. It does what it says on the tin, well, on the tube. It "soothes, brightens and lifts" leaving the eyes feel more awake and the surrounding area positively glowing. Love it.

The other skincare item was the Three Wishes Lavender Body Butter from Whish. It smells and feels gorgeous. The scent is quite sweet and subtle, perfect for summer. My skin felt super soft after using it so I'm certain this sample is going to disappear quickly. Oh well, I'll just have to buy a full size one afterwards. What a shame...

The last item was the "Lifestyle Extra". I have to admit, I love these little bonus treats - last month's cute flip-flop keyring is hanging happily on my car keys as I type! This month's was Filosofille's 4-sided Nail Buffer and it came just in time as mine recently broke - phew! Nail buffers are a great manicure tool and Filosofille's is exactly what you'd want from one: easy to hold, each side works exactly as it should and not too big or bulky. Good stuff.


It'll be no surprise to you that July's box is another big hit for me! This is a box full of beautiful cosmetic and wonderful skincare products from well-known and new brands which, at a cost of £12.95 (inc. p+p), isn't half bad. If you're looking for good quality beauty samples or just a monthly treat delivered to your doorstep, then I would definitely recommend this ever-impressive company. 


I'd just like to add, another plus point has to go to the reward system. You can gain reward points by filling out the online surveys and every 100 points = £10 to spend in the 'Birchbox Shop'. And let me tell you, this shop is awesome. They have all sorts of brands and products including things that haven't even featured in boxes yet - the choices are endless! I have already started eying up my potential purchases so look out for future reviews!

An extra tip for you once you have subscribed: sign up to the newsletter to receive further discounts and offers, they come rather frequently! 

To find out more and sign up, click here

What did you think to this 'Birchbox's' July box? Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!