Welcome to the World of Bobbi Brown

Friday, January 16, 2015

There's a new addition to my daily routine; well technically, there's two! My beauty stash and I would like to welcome Bobbi Brown's Corrector and the Bobbi Brown Concealer Blending Brush.

After reading review upon review of Bobbi Brown's Corrector way back when it first starting cropping up in blogs, but not being gutsy enough to dive in to the high-end makeup pool, it remained on the shelf as one of my endless "wish-list" items, waiting until the time I finally took the plunge. But after visiting Space NK for the first time last year (see relating post here), I could finally see what all the fuss over the more expensive brands was about and I was converted. This meant that when the New Year sales hit the shops, I made a trip to the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham, armed with some Christmas money and headed straight for Selfridges' beauty floor - a.k.a. heaven

After a mooch around the Mac section of the store - and a purchase later - I found myself face to face with the Bobbi Brown counter and looking at the aforementioned product, thinking to myself "should I?". The 10% discount that was going on helped the decision to be made that bit quicker and after a helpful talk with the lady behind the counter, I was walking away with the product I'd been wanting for months and an accompanying brush swinging happily in my little paper bag.

I'll talk about the Concealer Blending Brush first and it's the first Bobbi Brown one I own. Let me tell you, it's a beaut. The design is elegant and gorgeous and it happily takes proud place in my dresser-top selection. It's also super soft and absolutely perfect for blending concealer, or in this case the corrector. It's safe to say that I will be venturing deeper in to Bobbi Brown Brush range in the future, it's amazing!

On to the Corrector and I was matched to the shade 'Light Bisque' and I think it's a perfect match for my skin tone. It has pink undertones which cancel out the purple-toned areas under my eyes and certainly does not look out of place on my skin. It has a creamy formula that is easy to apply and blend - especially with my swanky new brush - and with a little NARS Creamy Concealer over the top, it hides dark circles beautifully. It also doesn't flake, separate or cling to the fine lines throughout the day, which is another plus. It's a dreamy product for under the eyes and one that now starts my daily routine, which is where I imagine it'll be staying for a long time.

It shames me that I haven't purchased these bad boys before now and yet again, I have definitely been converted to the high-end of beauty aisles.

Have you tried Bobbi Brown's Corrector or any of the Brushes

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I have a Bobbi Brown eye liner brush to use with their gel liner & find it easy to use. Must root it out because I haven't used it in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to try that, maybe my next thing to get (you enabler you!). Have been really impressed with what Bobbi Brown has to offer so far :)

      Delete
  2. I would definitely love to get this corrector after I finish my new EL concealer. Great review, Amy. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth checking out Nina :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting this for ages ! Looks fab, dark circles are always a nightmare to cover and a lot of products crease on me. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the purchase and I didn't find any creasing to be honest. Let me know if you get it and how you get on! :) x

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome! Definitely need this!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!