Photos of the Month: December

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Another one of my New Year's Resolutions - you can see the first one in my MUA Haul - is to visit 12 new places throughout the year. I am an avid fan of days out, exploring new places and going on adventures, as well as, having the opportunity to practise my photography, therefore, this seemed like an interesting and fun resolution to have. I also decided to start it a little early and visit a new (to me) nature reserve one cold winter's day.

Coombe Hill Canal and Meadows is about a half an hour's drive from where I live so when the sun was blaring on a frosty morning, I decided to get up and moving and go for a wander with my camera. 

Besides getting my car stuck in the mud as soon as I arrived - four lovely people had to help push the damn thing out, so I could park elsewhere...nightmare! - the walk was pleasant, although rather chilly (as you can see with the frost photos below) and muddy.





I found my way to the nature reserve's hide - having to scale the railings of the flooded boardwalk I might add, I felt like Lara Croft! - and settled down to watch the birds fly in and the sun set. It was incredibly beautiful and even though the water birds were making noise throughout my stay, everything felt so calm and peaceful.



The sunset was especially wonderful and made the whole outing utterly worth it.


Even though it wasn't even 2015 yet, I felt that the walk was a positive head-start on my New Year's Resolution and I would definitely go back to Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust's Coombe Hill Canal and Meadows.

Did you go on any winter walks in December? Let me know if any of you are interested in photography, I love seeing other people's work!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your photographs are amazing - absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!